Something For The Weekend: Your Top Ten Takeaways From The Week
by Olly MacNamee
Having a good weekend so far? Well, here’s hoping we can make it even better with our top ten choices of spots from the past week for you to catch up with at your leisure.
Here, as ever every Saturday, is our recommended reading once again:
- This week, on the review front, we had Senior Editor James Ferguson and his son reviewing Batman/TMNT Adventures from IDW/DC Comics here in a new regular, fun column that takes a look at all-ages, family-friendly titles like this one. Damn, do I need to start looking over my shoulder now, do you think?
- Sticking with reviews, Malissa White cast her eye over Adventureman #3 from Image Comics, Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson here.
- Malissa also reviewed Vlad Dracul #2 from Scout Comics here too.
- This week, our animation and anime addict, Tito W James, informed us why we should all be watching independently animated feature film Nova Seed created by Nick DiLiberto here.
- In another week of more bad news, WarnerMedia’s huge layoffs, including some very prominent DC Comics folk, couldn’t help but bring in readers wanting to know more. Check out our report from EiC Erik Amaya here.
- Further news, this time from Japan, and our report on Act-Age co-creator Tatsuya Matsuki being arrested over the weekend under suspicion of assaulting minors here.
- But we’re all about spreading the good news too, and it’s good news for Time Bomb Comics and the return of cult UK indie hero, Harker, via an already successful crowdfunding campaign which you can read all about here.
- Another successful crowdfunded we reported on was The Business Of Independent Comic Book Publishing by comic book attorney Gamal Hennessy. Looks like there’s a lot of people out there wanting to know more about successful indie comic book publishing.
- We’ll leave you with two previews to catch up on. Firstly, we had our first look this past week at Detective Comics #1027 and Batman’s 1001th appearance in said title here.
- You didn’t think we’d forgotten our regular in-depth preview of last weeks 2000AD did you? Here it is again now and our final post of this afternoon.
Have a great weekend, and stay safe.