Marvel has unveiled its latest Marvel Made product with the Paragon Collection, celebrating some of the publishers most iconic writers and artists. It’s starting with a big one in Chris Claremont. The Paragon Collection will feature a hand-numbered and individually signed series of high-end books and lithographs. The twist now is that this will only get made if there are at least 1,200 pre-orders. This is not unlike Hasbro’s Haslab pre-orders for specific products.
The Marvel Made Paragon Collection: Chris Claremont Premier Bundle includes a faux-leather, hand-numbered hardcover that collects The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past, plus all-new lithographs from artists like Phil Noto and Salvador Larroca and an exclusive variant comic book cover of Wolverine #5 by Oliver Coipel. Each hardcover will be signed by Claremont and include one of four X-Men quotes handwritten by the author. Finally, it will include the debut of a 20-page prequel story for Days of Future Past written by Claremont and illustrated by Larroca.
“This collection with Marvel Made is a beautiful new compendium of some of my best, plus a beautifully illustrated new story by Salvador Larroca. Here’s where fans get to see Nightcrawler and Bloody Bess save the world,” teased Claremont. “Wanna find out how? Get this collection. I can’t wait to have this on my own shelf.”
The Marvel Made Paragon Collection: Chris Claremont Premier Bundle ($199 + tax and shipping) will include:
- A high-end matte slipcase (11.02″ x 13.58″) with a gorgeous prestige format faux-leather hardcover collection (7.28” x 10.83”), hand-numbered and featuring 448 gold-gilded pages containing:
- Signed with one of four iconic X-Men quotes handwritten by Chris Claremont
- A behind-the-scenes foreword by comic book icon Louise Simonson
- Uncanny X-Men #94 (Chris Claremont’s inaugural chapter of the X-Men)
- Uncanny X-Men #129–137 (The Dark Phoenix Saga)
- Uncanny X-Men #141–142 (Days of Future Past)
- Wolverine #1–4 (Chris Claremont’s groundbreaking limited series illustrated by Frank Miller)
- Uncanny X-Men #268 (An iconic story featuring Captain America and Black Widow)
- X-Men #1 (The world’s best-selling comic book of all time, illustrated by Jim Lee)
- A brand-new Days of Future Past 20-page prequel story, in continuity, with art by Salvador Larroca
- Original Days of Future Past notes and script by Chris Claremont
- Brand-new behind-the-scenes interviews with Chris Claremont about his most iconic and shocking X-Men stories
- An exclusive Days of Future Past-themed variant cover of Wolverine #6 by Olivier Coipel – only available on Marvel Made!
- An exclusive set of numbered lithographs (7″ x 10.5″) by renowned artists including Phil Noto, Salvador Larocca – only available on Marvel Made!
- A Marvel Made Paragon Collection Certificate of Authenticity
Marvel Unlimited Annual and Marvel Unlimited Annual+ members who pre-order the bundle will also receive an exclusive Days of Future Past-themed sketch variant cover of Wolverine #6 drawn by Oliver Coipel.
“After launching Marvel Made earlier this summer with our inaugural Skottie Young Premier Bundle, we were thrilled by the ecstatic response we saw from our fans. The demand for more Marvel exclusivity was clear, especially for the stories that shaped the Marvel Universe we know today,” said Mike Pasciullo, VP, Marvel Marketing & Communications. “The Paragon Collection, starting with the legendary Chris Claremont, is one of the most exciting high-end exclusive series we’ve made available ever. Driven entirely by demand from the Marvel community at large, these stunning chapters of Marvel comics are an absolute must-have for Marvel fans.”