Something For The Easter Weekend: Popular Posts, Previews And News From The Past Week
by Olly MacNamee
Happy Easter everyone.
Ahead of any Easter egg hunts you may have planned for tomorrow morning, why not take the time out to catch up with some of the news and previews from the past week in the world of comics, film, and television with our handy ten-to-takeaway selection?
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT’s) are all the rage at the moment with a worrying trend of comic book creators signing up to this latest environmentally damaging technology. And in last weekend’s ever-popular new column, ‘The Contrarian Collector’, Koom Kankesan weighs up the pros and cons for collecting these jpegs over collecting original comic book art. Read all about it here, in a fair and balanced account.
- WonderCon@Home happened last weekend with a number of popular panels posted here, such as Erik Amaya’s coverage of the Justice Society: WWII was and creators panel here.
- Meanwhile, Gary Catig covered the AHOY Comics panel here…
- … and the IDW TMNT: The Last Ronin and the IDW TMNT Universe panel here too.
- In other news indie graphic novels from BHP Comics, Killtopia, is getting adapted to animation and you can read all about this deal here, as reported by Erik Amaya.
- Batman comes to Liverpool in this exclusive Forbidden Planet variant cover for Batman:The Detective #1 by Brian Bolland, Check it out here.
- We had an exclusive first look at BOOM! Studios’ Dune: House Atreides #6 as posted by James Ferguson here.
- On the television front, Rachel Bellwoar reviewed the latest episode of Pennyworth here.
- Richard Bruton gave us his usual deep dive into this week’s 2000 AD. Take a look at another healthy preview of the galaxy’s greatest comic here.
- And we leave you with the five pop cultural influences behind comiXology Originals’ news series, Final Girls which you read here.
Oh, and before we forget, here’s that little something extra for you too. In can you missed his appearance on Kimmy Kimmel this past week, here’s Wyatt Russell discussing his role as the new Captain America in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, streaming on Disney + now: