Something For The Weekend: Your Weekly Ten-To-Takeaway From The Past Week’s News And Previews
by Olly MacNamee
It’s your regular weekend round up of some of the top stories and previews we featured this week and we start off with some gaming news:
- Sage Ashford gave us a summary of all the games coming to Playstation Plus this month, here.
- He also brought us a 15 minutes gameplay demo of Horizon: Forbidden West here too.
- And finally, Sage informed us of a release date for Dying Light 2: Stay Human here.
- One of the new columns we’ve introduced recently has been Brendan M. Allen’s Jumping On, which takes a weekly look at new stories starting up in comic books out each week. Take a look again (or for the first time) here.
- Tony Thornley also has a new column, Classic Comics Cavalcade, and last week he looked back at Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo here.
- Last weekend also saw a new edition of The ICE-Cast, featuring special guest, Kelley Jones. Watch it here now.
- Ben Martin continues his look at The Fast and the Furious franchise with 2 Fast 2 Furious in last week’s regular column Franchise Expansion (Or Implosion) here. It’s good to see our regular columns getting so much attention.
- On the comic book front James Ferguson gave us a very personal take on his all-time favourite superhero, Spider-Man, which is well worth your time to read here.
- Brendan M Allen previewed BOOM! Studios’ Basilik #1 here.
- And finally, the announcement of an all-new comic convention here in the UK, Meanwhile… In Coventry, was met with great approval. Just down the road from me, you can bet I’ll be there! Will you? Read more here.
As ever, we do try and add that little bit extra into this column, and this week is no different. I’ll leave you with Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and every musical performance from the film. You’re welcome.