DC FanDome returns October 16th with another dedicated — and super concentrated — streaming event. Spanning the breadth of the DC Multiverse, it will feature looks at upcoming films, games, TV shows, and, of course, comics. To celebrate its imminent arrival, DC unveiled a new trailer for the event (above) and some details about the 2021 show:
- The film roster includes an exclusive new trailer for The Batman, an update on DC League of Super-Pets, a first look at Black Adam, a sneak peek at The Flash, and a behind the scenes looks at both Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and Shazam! Fury of the Gods.
- On the television side, expect previews for the new seasons of Batwoman, The Flash, Superman & Lois, and Sweet Tooth; a farewell tribute to Supergirl; a 100 episodes celebration of Legends of Tomorrow; a first look at forthcoming new drama Naomi; and a sneak peek at an upcoming episode of Stargirl.
- Video games to be featured include new reveals from the highly anticipated Gotham Knights, developed by Warner Bros. Games Montréal, and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, developed by Rocksteady Studios.
- DC publishing will showcase three upcoming Wonder Woman titles — the DC Black Label miniseries Wonder Woman Historia, Nubia and the Amazons, and the original graphic novel Wonderful Women of the World. Additionally, DC will share details about the next installment of the epic, universe-spanning Batman/Fortnite comic crossover, and fans can also expect to hear more about the upcoming Batman: Fear State, the new six-issue Black Manta series, the return of the Milestone Universe, and much more.
- HBO Max will unveil an exclusive look at the upcoming series Peacemaker and limited event series DMZ. The streamer is also debuting more surprises and sneak peeks from new series as well as returning favorites such as Titans and Doom Patrol. Hopefully, we’ll get some Season 4 announcements for those two shows at the same time.
- A presentation from Warner Bros. Animation will include a look at the upcoming limited series Aquaman: King of Atlantis; a sneak peek at season three of the adult animated comedy series Harley Quinn; a “very early look” at the next animated chapter of the Dark Knight in the all-new upcoming series Batman: Caped Crusader; and a preview of Young Justice: Phantoms.
- And not DC event would be complete without original DC Animated Films. This year’s program will feature a sneak peek at Superman and the rest of the Justice League in Injustice, an all-new animated movie inspired by the games and comic, as well as the premiere of the trailer for the all-new animated heist movie Catwoman: Hunted.
Like last year, that’s a lot of content — and it seems they’ve figured out a way to do it all in one day. Perhaps it will more closely follow the format of Netflix’s Geeked Week or WitcherCon by bundling the content into themed hours. That seems more sensible than, say, forty minute chats with everyone involved in each project.
DC FanDome begins Saturday, October 16 at 10am PT on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.