NYCC 2022: ComiXology Announces Its Plans For New York
by Olly MacNamee
Taking place this weekend (October 6th-9th) comiXology have released its plans for panels, signings and more which we’re more than happy to share with you now, starting with its exclusive giveaways:
- Inspired by the look of popular gaming cards, Comixology will giveaway Comixology Originals 2022 Series Cards. Each pack of 24 cards features art and information about current Comixology Originals titles that debuted in either digital or print in 2022, showcasing the depth and breadth of the Comixology Originals program and the creators who made the comics. Printed on premium cardstock, packs of Comixology Originals 2022 Series Cards will drop at the Comixology booth #H1B5 located in Artist Alley, throughout the convention.
- Other Comixology giveaways include limited edition 11×17 posters and limited edition enamel pins spotlighting the new series Book of Evil by bestselling writer Scott Snyder and Award-winning artist Jock, which will be distributed during signings at the Comixology booth #H1B5.
- Convention attendees will also have chances to win Amazon.com gift cards and Kindle devices.
- Giveaways will be available for free while supplies last.
Then, there’s the panels, with two on the cards:
- Friday, October 7th at 1:30 – 2:30pm | Room 408
Comixology Originals: The Art of the Comic Pitch
Join Bryce Gold (Comixology Originals) and veteran comics editor Will Dennis (DC/Vertigo, Comixology Originals) for a deep dive into what industry professionals look for in a pitch and how to prepare your pitch for success. Learn why publishers don’t take unsolicited submissions and why!
- Saturday, October 8th at 12:00 – 1:00pm | Room 408
Comixology Originals presents: CONversations with Scott Snyder and Jock
Join comic editor Will Dennis (Y: The Last Man, Nocterra, 100 Bullets) as he sits down with celebrated comic book writer Scott Snyder (Batman, American Vampire, Wytches) and New York Times best-selling British artist Jock (Batman, Wytches, The Losers) as they discuss their first creator-owned creation together from Comixology Originals: Book of Evil, as well as their other acclaimed collaborations in the comic industry.
And then there’s the signings too:
Comixology will host an array of signings at booth #H1B5 with top talent including Scott Snyder, Tula Lotay, Jamal Igle, Dan Panosian, Jock, Greg Lockard, Jeremy Holt and more! The full signing schedule will be available to check out across all of Comixology’s social media, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.