Thor Legends Return To Celebrate The God Thunder’s 750th Issue In April
by Tony Thornley
Fans of the god of thunder will be celebrating 60 years of Thor in April with Thor #24, the legacy 750th issue of Asgardian adventures. The milestone issue will reunite Thor with some of the greatest creators in the character’s history.
In the issue’s main story, following up on the aftermath of the blockbuster “God of Hammers” storyline, Thor and his subjects are laying Odin to rest, the casualty of the epic battle between Thor and the personified Mjolnir. As Donny Cates and Nic Klein will show in the issue’s main story, there’s much more to his newly reforged hammer than anyone may expect. And the celebration doesn’t stop there.
Readers can check out all new stories that include:
- Writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Oliver Coipel reunite for a story set during their redefining Thor saga
- Legendary comics creator Dan Jurgens writes and draws an incredible Thor and Balder teamup
- Comics icon Walter Simonson makes his grand return to Thor, writing and drawing an all-new adventure that explores the origin of his beloved creation, Beta Ray Bill
- Al Ewing and Lee Garbett collaborate for the first time since Loki: Agent of Asgard to bring you an all-new chapter for the god of mischief that leads directly into Ewing’s upcoming Defenders Beyond series
- And prepare for a revelatory tale about Odin that only writer Jason Aaron and artist Das Pastoras can deliver!
Check out new preview art from the issue and pick up the oversized special on April 27th!