Something For The Weekend: Your Regular Dose Of Popular Posts
by Olly MacNamee
Another weekend and another round up of some of the more stand out posts from the past week that grabbed your attention. Or, maybe you missed? Here’s this week’s ten-to-takeaway:
- Previews, previews, previews! Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #7 was a popular one, from DC Comics. But then, it is a really, really good series. Check it our here. DC Comics also previewed The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #1 (here). A tie-in to a film that just keeps on getting pushed further and further back. Seems someone forgot to let DC Comics know. A last popular preview to share with you was for another DC Comics’ book, Future State: Gotham #17 which you can find here.
- We also had some comic book news make the is list too. And, much like the popular previews, DC Comics dominated. Firstly with its revelation of interconnecting covers by Dan Mora for Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 (here). Or, are they covers for The Dawn of the DCU? It really isn’t too clear. Still, check them out here now.
- DC Comics also celebrates what would have been Stan Lee’s centenary with a return to the Just Imagine/ Earth-6 universe with Tales from Earth-6: A Celebration of Stan Lee (here).
- Then there was Warner Bros. Discovery’s announcements for NYCC here.
- There was also some popular news that wasn’t DC Comics related too. For instance, Disney’s Gargoyles make their comic book return to Dynamite Comics this December (here).
- Tom Smithyman interviewed Dan Abnett this past week, discussing Vampirella vs Red Sonja from Dynamite Comics here.
- Harrow County: The Game of Gothic Conflict RPG launched on Kickstarter as reported upon by Brendan M Allen (here).
- Nickelodeon announced its plans for NYCC 2022 here.
- Frank Martin reviewed American Horror Story: Lake here.
- And, finally, returning to comic book news to come full circle, Lee Bermejo and Matt Tomlin announced A Vicious Circle from BOOM! Studios here.
Quite the comic book heavy list, and DC Comics heavy list at that too. Plus, a little something extra. This week I’ll leave you with the very creepy and evocative trailer for Netflix’s Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, out this Wednesday 21st September, directed by Ryan Murphy and starring the amazing Evan Peters in what seems to be an award-winning performance.