Something For The Weekend: Your Usual Dose Of Popular Posts
by Olly MacNamee
Another serving of regular columns, popular previews and more to share with you once again on this very chilly Saturday here in the UK. And, form what I hear, some parts of America too. So, what better time to hunker down and catch up with pop culture news?
- I’ll start you off with some TV reviews, beginning with Frank Martin’s review of Star Wars: The Bad Batch S02 Ep.2 here.
- Frank also reviewed the latest episode of National Treasure here too.
- And, one of the bigger talking points on TV from the past week, the debut episode of the new look Velma. Read what Frank thinks about it here.
- And finally from Frank, a commentary piece on Netflix and Rian Johnson’s Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery here.
- In comic book news, Brendan M Allen brought you news of The Rock Gods of Jackson, Tennessee by Rafer Roberts, artist Mike Norton, colorist Allen Passalaqua, and letterer Crank! from Dark Horse here.
- I brought you news of a third Jesus Christ starring series of Second Coming from Mark Russell, Richard Pace and Leonard Kirk and AHOY Comics here.
- Plus, I also blew my own trumpet as host to the official launch of The Best of 2000 AD Vol.2, featuring Charlie Adlard, Al Ewing, INJ Culbard and series editor, Owen Johnson happening at Worlds Apart in Birmingham and Becky Cloonan supporting the launch at Floating World Comics, Portland. Read more about this free event here.
- Gaming news now and Gary Catig posted about Marvel Future Fight mobile RPG here as well as news on new console game Sailing Era here.
- Popular previews this week included those for Avengers Forever #13 and Hulk #11.
- Lastly, a few of the usual suspects make it on the list again. Those being Review Round Up, Jumping On, and Richard Bruton’s always entertaining Art for Art’s Sake.