Peach Momoko Covers Marvel’s Star Wars For Women’s History Month
by Tony Thornley
If there’s something there’s no shortage of in the Star Wars Universe, it’s awesome female heroes, from Princess Leia, to Ahsoka Tano, to Rey. For Women’s History Month in March 2023, superstar artist Peach Momoko will bring eleven of these women to life across Marvel’s Star Wars titles.
Strong female characters define the Star Wars saga. With Women’s History Month coming in March, it’s exciting to see these characters- some major, some minor- get the spotlight.
Here are the characters that will be spotlighted:
· Amilyn Holdo, Resistance leader known for her brave sacrifice in Star Wars: The Last Jedi
· Barash, gifted Jedi gifted Jedi whose name is forever linked the “Barash Vow” and whose story is currently being told in Star Wars: The High Republic – The Blade
· Chanath Cha, deadly bounty hunter who’s currently targeting Darth Vader in Star Wars: Hidden Empire
· Domina Tagge, proud head of the Tagge family who recently sought revenge against Doctor Aphra in the pages of her ongoing solo series
· Gheyr, a young Jedi padawan debuting in Star Wars: Yoda #4
· Grammy Starros, matriarch of the Starros clan who will make her first appearance in this month’s Star Wars: Sana Starros #1
· Khel Tanna, scoundrel employed by Jabba the Hutt currently teaming up with Han Solo in the Star Wars: Han Solo & Chewbacca series
· Leia, the groundbreaking icon is depicted in the Boussh disguise she used to infiltrate Jabba’s Palace in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
· Matty, a Jedi Padawan helping Vildar Mac in the pages of Star Wars: The High Republic
· Nakano Lash, a Nautolan bounty hunter who once mentored Beilert Valance and recently resurfaced in the pages of Star Wars: Bounty Hunters
· Sabé, loyal handmaiden of Padmé Amidala and currently in an uneasy alliance with Darth Vader in the pages of his ongoing solo series
“It’s an honor to be working on so many covers for the Star Wars world,” Momoko said. “I love all the characters I got to draw. They each have their own uniqueness and strength that I admire.”
Check out the gallery of the first revealed covers above, and be sure to pick up your favorites in March.