Something For The Weekend: Your Regular Round Up Of Popular Posts
by Olly MacNamee
While today will be a busy day filled with DC FanDome announcements what were people reading from the past week here on Comicon.com? As ever, here’s your ten to takeaway:
- Of course the BIG news of the week was the announcement that Superman’s son was coming out as bisexual in the upcoming Superman: Son of Kal-El #5 this November. A story that was picked up by the mainstream press and heavily misconstrued by some as Kal-El himself coming out. Read up on it here.
- Another comic book related big news story was Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples’ NYCC announcement for the return of Saga from Image Comics with Saga #55 in 2022. Read more here.
- Last week’s Review Round Up was a hit with readers, as we collate all our comic book reviews in one handy place. Here’s last weekend’s column for your perusal.
- Each and every week Dynamite Comics provide us with shared exclusive previews and recently we’ve been posting these on a Sunday afternoon/early evening. And it seems to be working as all three of last week’s titles were our most popular previews of the week. You can catch the Army of Darkness: 1979 #2 preview here, Vampiverse #2 here and James Bond: Himeros #1 here.
- Another popular preview was for BOOM! Studios’ Once and Future #21, posted by Brendan M. Allen here.
- One more that makes it onto the list is AWA Upshot’s Telepaths #2 preview which you can read up on here.
- A final preview to share with you is for Scout Comics’ The Ninja Scouts one-shot here.
- Completely out of left field we also reported on Hoff & Pepper’s Smoken Ghost hot sauce, which does come with a comic making it a legitimate post to include. Brendan reports on this culinary release here.
- UK actor Will Poulter joins the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 as Adam Warlock as reported on by Erik Amaya here.
- And Tito W. James brought us a trailer for web-based series Murder Drones here.
That’s if for another week, other than to leave you with a little bit something extra and another chance to catch the newest Hawkeye trailer if you haven’t done so already.