Something For The Weekend: Your Ten To Takeaway
by Olly MacNamee
Another week has flown by and the weekend is almost up too. So, we hope that we can help you relax and take your collective minds off Monday morning with our regular selection of top picks from the past week ever at Comicon.com. Here’s this week’s ten to takeaway:
- New column, The Contrarian Collector by Koom Kankesan continues to do well, with a new post last weekend looking at the pros and cons of selling original comic book art or trading one pice for another. Read his thoughts on this subject here.
- Another regular that makes it onto this week’s list is Richard Bruton’s look at the best of web comics. This week he focussed on UK cartoonist, Lew Stringer, here.
- Meanwhile, Rachel Bellwoar interviewed Cynthia von Buhler and discussed her new graphic novel,The Girl Who Electrified Tesla from Titan Comics here.
- Fellow Senior Editor, James Ferguson, posted a new episode of Deconstructing Comics podcast here.
- This week DC Comics changed its plans for the relaunch of Milestone Comics and are now going with same day and date print copies alongside its digital launch. Read more here.
- Popular previews this week included Alien #1 from Marvel (here)…
- … as well as our preview for Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo #17 here.
- WonderCon@Home 2021 is running this weekend and IDW released their schedule here.
- From the world of TV, EiC Erik Amaya looked ahead at next month’s Netflix offerings here.
- And finally, our Editor-in-Chief all gave us a promo for the newest episode of Batwoman here.
That more or less wraps it up, expect for this week’s extra tidbit. And what with the news this week that Z2 Comics are publishing a new graphic novel based on Jimmy Eat World’s ‘555’ track, that’s good enough an excuse for me to post one of my favourite tracks from the band, the title tracks off their ‘Bleed American’ album from 2001. And in writing that date, I suddenly feel rather old. My God, has it really been almost twenty years since this seminal LP came out? Wow.
Have a good weekend, everyone! And stay safe. We’re not out of the woods yet.